What is Turkish lamb kebab marinade: A quick guide
Do you love eating lamb kebabs? It is one of the delicious dishes that have a mouth-watering flavour. The lamb kebab marinade is different in every culture and home. Some love extra spicy food, and some demand the tender, juicy and mild kebabs for enjoying their full flavour.
Lamb kebab is also one of the famous dishes in Turkey. It has different marinades, but the Turkey lamb kebab marinade is something different that appeals to the visitors to taste it.
Here we will share the lamb kebab marinade, which is quick and easy. You can mould the recipe according to your preferences but follow the same procedure for better taste.
Turkish Lamb kebab marinade
Kebabs is one of the fascinating dishes in the Muslim world. Similarly, Turkey has the best lamb kebab that attracts food lovers. It is a fact that every country has a different marination process for kebabs, fish and other grilling dishes.
Turks disseminated the kebabs from all over the East to North Africa during the Ottoman Empire. Their recipe is most delicious as it includes the unique species mixture that brings intense flavour.
Now let’s move towards the most awaited recipe of Turkish Lamb kebab marination and make your best favourite kebabs with prime flavour.
Ingredients For the marinade:
The ingredients that we will share here are for the four servings. Ensure that you modify it according to your lamb meat and serving portions.
- Garlic cloves: 3 (mince well to make a fine paste)
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
- Paprika: ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon or as per taste
- Ground cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cumin: ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh thyme leaves: 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt: as per taste
- Finely ground black pepper: as per taste
Ingredients for the kebabs
- Boneless lamb leg: 1 ¾ pound or 800 g (ensure that you trim all the fats and cut in equal-sized chunks)
- Cherry tomatoes: 24
- Flatbread: as per requirement
If you have more lamb meat, you can double the kebab and marinade ingredients to balance the flavour.
Prepare the marinade
It is an easy and quick process to prepare the marinade. Mix all the marinade ingredients, including garlic, olive oil, spices, tomato paste and others. Make the smooth paste by mixing well. It helps to provide a similar taste in all lamb kebabs.
Prepare the kebabs
Now your marinade is ready along with the lamb cuts. The next step is to add the lamb cuts to the marinade and toss well. Ensure that the marinated meat stays for at least two hours. The last step is to prepare the Lamb kebabs for eating.
- Prepare the charcoal fire for grilling, or you can do it by switching on the gas. Preheat the broiler to high levels for equal grilling or cooking of kebabs
- Thread the lamb meat cuts in long skewers and the cherry tomato on the last grill. Put it on the flame for grilling and let it broil for around 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Give it heat until it becomes the desired texture that you like to eat.
- Now, the kebabs are ready to eat. Slip it from the skewers and serve hot with the flatbread.